NFL Team Program Grant
About the Program
The NFL Team Grant Program provides each of the 32 NFL clubs the opportunity to apply for seven grants that support their efforts to give back to their communities.
NFL PLAY 60 Initiative
- Through its PLAY 60 grant opportunity, the NFL and the NFL Foundation look to its clubs to help address the rise in the obesity rates among youth and the decline of physical education programs in schools across the country. Clubs may also apply PLAY 60 grant funds toward a Youth Fitness Zone. Playgrounds, gymnasium refurbishments, activity trails, and interactive fitness technology installations are among the more than 150 projects that have taken place since this program began four years ago. In many cases, the NFL Foundation and NFL teams develop Youth Fitness Zones as part of the Hometown Huddle day of service initiative.
- The Volunteerism grant represents a versatile opportunity for clubs to create awareness of their team’s involvement in the local community and the role that community volunteers play in enhancing the local area. Teams can choose to recognize deserving individuals or organizations committed to giving back to a specific cause or community.
- Hosted by the NFL and United Way, this grant supports a league-wide day of service that provides NFL players, owners, coaches, significant others, and staff from each team with the opportunity to participate in a variety of community-service activities. Teams use this day of service to bring NFL PLAY 60 to their communities.
Breast Cancer Awareness
- The Breast Cancer Awareness grant is offered to encourage broadened partnerships between NFL teams and nonprofit organizations in their markets that support breast cancer awareness and screening services.
Salute to Service
- The Salute to Service grant is offered to encourage broadened partnerships between NFL teams and nonprofit organizations in their markets that support appreciation for the men and women serving in our Armed Forces.
- Through the Youth Football grant opportunity, the NFL and the NFL Foundation look to its clubs to jointly address the needs of non-profit youth football organizations, high school football programs and other youth and high school football efforts in their local markets.
- The Social Responsibility grant is offered to encourage NFL clubs to seed projects, fund programs and partner with nonprofit organizations in their markets that support work in the sphere of social responsibility (Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault, DUI, Character Education and other issues facing your market).
Who Can Apply
NFL Team Personnel ONLY
This grant is open